- No one is paid to spend their time in the Tulgey Wood.
- Each participant is unique when it comes to age, abilities, and background.
- Friends bunk together, eat meals together, and provide care for one another.
- With support from our close-knit community, everyone is able to take part in a variety of fun and engaging activities.
- A deep reverence and appreciation for the arts is nurtured in the Tulgey Wood, particularly in the realms of storytelling, pottery, music, dance, and theatre.
- Each summer, we invite the Nantucket community to attend our annual fundraising concert, as well as an original musical production that represents two weeks of intense training, rehearsal, and preparation.
- The Tulgey Wood facilitates the cultivation of empathy, resilience, and lifelong friendships.